Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 11 August 2009

No time to reflect


Although I am drawn into taking the easy route and racing too much this week, one of the problems I have with the concept is the pressure it puts on officials and their families, never mind the athletes.

What is more, no matter how much time you put into the online media it is not enough to do justice to all the performances. At least I have a week after the Parish Walk to select a few. But with the Marathon and Half Marathon, it is like a boxer trying to recover from a big punch and being knocked down before he gets up.

I'll try and get a few features on a few more performances in the weeks (years?) ahead and I am planning a marathon special at some point this winter.

In the meantime (as in the words of that awful Manx Radio advert) I've added a bit more about the Peel Hill Race last night.

I was in pain after running that. I was up at 5.30 this morning and managed a decent blast at 7 am but I am getting stiffer by the minute from last night. I can't believe that less than half an hour of exercise can do so much damage. But on reflection I haven't run up a hill like that for a few years. I need time to reflect; and hope that I don't normally look as old as I do on the video!

No comments: