Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 8 August 2009

Caution runners


I was reliably informed (by Kevin Vondy) today that the band playing as we chatted at the agricultural show were called Caution Runners. I've also been told that they promote themselves against the road signs! I have to say, its a great name.
I've got to return my marathon trophies tomorrow (open race and Manx Championship). When I took them down from the display a short time ago I initially couldn't bear to look at my name as it is the end of the only year of my life in which I am likely to be a marathon champion. But in the end I got Ben to take a photo of me with them as I thought it would be a shame not to have a record of them.
I'm picking Andy Garrett up on the way to the marathon in the morning. He is staying with his family in Willaston and running in the half. His entry inspired Robbie to enter too and he is convinced that he is going to beat Andy. I am just hoping that he starts steadily.
I'm going to get a few shots of the runners congregating then going to the end of Ramsey Promenade to get some shots and some action film of the runners with Ramsey harbour for a backdrop.
See lots of you there. Good luck to everyone taking part.
Well done to Christine Bathgate and the team from the IOMVAC for all their excellent work.

No comments: