Search Murray's blogs

Monday 31 August 2009

Back to the airport

We got back to the Isle of Man on Saturday evening but were up again at 5.30 yesterday morning to take Ben to the airport.

What a nice airport it is too when you are greeted by possibly the world's friendliest security officer, Dougie Corkill.

Two years into his medical studies at the Hull York Medical school Ben decided that five years at university was not enough and so he has taken a year out from his principal studies to do a separate degree at Aalborg University in northern Denmark. Quite a brave decision especially as, in contrast to the normal car load of things students take with them these days, he departed with just 15kg in his backpack and 6kg in his hand luggage to last until Christmas.

After training harder last week than for almost a year I've not done anything in the past couple of days and I am ashamed to say the only time I have been out of the house today was to post my "good for age" entry form for the London Marathon earlier this evening. Ashamed? Yes, because I always advocate not leaving these things to the last minute and it has to be on Friday.

I didn't get very far with my email last week and so, although I have been exchanging a few during the past week, those that have been waiting for replies for more than a week are the ones that are still waiting.

With two races in three days this weekend, other commitments permitting, I plan to publish a few long delayed bits and pieces before then.

No comments: