Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 15 August 2009

Kevin slower than last year

Kevin Loundes was 5 seconds slower than last year when he won the Heritage Trail Race.

Last year I ran 41.57 a time which would have placed second last night. Although I was a heck of lot fitter 12 months ago I don't think the 3 minutes and 45 seconds that I have lost in a year is all down to fitness levels.

It was windy and slippery last night and I think that overall times were slower. I know that it is easy to make excuses when we get slower. But there is no way that that Kevin would have put a 10% gap on a pretty decent field unless he had improved compared to last year.

On corrected time, as they like to say in the TT, I think he was much faster. One way or another he is undefeated.



Kevin Loundes on his way to victory (by Stan Hall)

No comments: