Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 3 January 2013

Tree surgery

I thought I was well prepared when I set off for the Supercards St Johns Fell Race on New Year's Day. I had my wellies, waterproof trousers, warm coat and hat.

Whilst sitting very close to the river splash on the descent with cameras in hand, I start to wonder what I had done to upset some people. Several people registered direct hits on me as I was soaked. Not only did I have to continually wipe the lenses of the cameras to have any hope of any photos/film but, because I foolishly tucked my trousers into my boots, my feet were drenched too.

I went back to the car park and couldn't remove my right wellie. I walked over to the Cain family and asked for help to be treated unceremoniously by Jordan tugging and Phil and Ann holding me still! They couldn't get it off so they called upon the nearby Alan Corlett, a tree surgeon, to assist. Thankfully he didn't use a chainsaw but there were no delicate movements just me being lifted up as Alan tugged it off.

Now if anyone wanted some revenge on me, that would have been the moment if they had a camera!

No comments: