Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 6 January 2013

Can't go back to 93


It was in 93 that I first made the trip to the Lancashire Cross Country Championships and the only salvation from my dreadful run yesterday was that I did not go back to 93.

Going off too fast, I pulled up at the end of the first lap before rejoining and struggling around but giving my all over the final stages to avoid loosing my 92nd position! It is only 4 years ago that I finished 30th.

An enjoyable day as always even if I had not read the notes to see that we were flying to Manchester this year and not Liverpool. Andy Fox did a wonderful  job of organising the trip.

The event is a great stepping stone for local athletes and quite a few shone. Although Andy, Gianni Epifani and I have been on nearly all of the trips, the rest of the party has changed many times over the years. Those travelling yesterday made me feel as proud of the Manx as any other and I did lots of talking.

Now to clean that muddy gear.

No comments: