Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 24 January 2013

Not the photos he wanted


I think I confused a few people this morning when I made reference to the wrong years in the old Commonwealth Games photos. I have now corrected them.

It was good to hear from former Isle of Man Newspapers editor Lionel Cowin recently although it has taken me a few weeks to include his appeal for his missing 1974 team photo on the front page.

Lionel was involved in the Commonwealth Games for many years, in both team management and as a journalist, so he is in a good position to publish a book

I have just sent him three photos from 1994 in which he features which he has probably not seen before. I was the athletics team manager at Victoria, Canada on that occasion. The one I have featured of him above shows him climbing the wall of the team accommodation - I can't remember why.


No comments: