Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 21 November 2010

Not a lot of progress

I didn't intend to go to the walks this morning - I've never followed them in Andreas but in any event two events on one day is one too many. When we were talking about fixture congestion the other night the main focus on (as it should be) the athletes but too many fixtures also stretches the officials. I third point, which I made and is all too often overlooked, is the role of the media. For example, John Watterson does a brilliant job reporting our sport (and many others) in the Manx paper but he is always short of space. So it makes a lot of sense to ask him to find space for two of our events on the same day. Not.

So I went for my early morning run and sat down to work on the Parish Walk website. I did a little before I started doing some of my paperwork before I suddenly realised how neglected some of this is if I don't want to start hoarding again. So the PW website will have to wait until later.

I'm about to set off for the cross country with a couple of cameras although my main focus will be on making sure that Robbie handles it ok.

No comments: