Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 3 November 2010

In the time I spoke to Martin....


After the football on TV tonight I "caught up" up with the my brother Martin who I  hadn't spoken to for a month or so if you ignore the half time chat!

We put the world to rights and my phone displayed 1:13:11 at the end. Some people can run a half marathon in that time.

In fact he told me about one who almost did. His nephew Andrew Kaighin (above) ran 1:16:08 recently and he is still only 19. Not sure how many Manx athletes have run faster this year but only a few.

Andrew's father Bill (who is a sister of Martin's wife Gill) went to school with me and I remember him as an outstanding athlete but more in the sprints and the long jump. Andrew has competed at least twice on the soil of his heritage - last year in the Great South Run and the Manx Cross Country Championships at Pulrose a few years ago.

You can see his profile here:  

No comments: