Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 28 November 2010

Billy no mates


Having been alone in the office for a couple of days (and Monday) because my colleague is away, I am alone in the house this weekend because Mare has gone away to Edinburgh for the weekend to join a couple of her old student mates.

Its somewhat ironic that, given Marie has to put up with my late night website stuff and my early morning runs, that I have not really done either this weekend.

Having spent most of the yesterday in front of a computer I crashed out in front of Match of Day last night. When you think of how many volunteers give up their time for nothing in football, it makes you wonder how much Alan Shearer got paid for his sole comment on one match: "Scott Parker makes a helluva difference to West Ham".

I made more progress with the Parish Walk website but more significantly, my laptop, which is not my main source of computer access but gets used hard on Parish Walk weekend, is now running Windows 7. I bought it three and half years ago with Windows Vista but it was so slow I loaded XP. Its the second computer that I have installed Windows 7 on and it really was easy.

But it was so boring reinstalling so many software programs to give all the means I need for the Parish Walk weekend, and a few leisure ones as well.

There is hardly any change today so I am going to slum it again and try and get some more Parish Walk stuff done.

No comments: