Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 20 November 2010

I hope that Elton John makes me happy this time

It only took me about 90 seconds to book my tickets for the big Elton John concert at Nobles Park on 16 June when I went to Ticketmaster on Thursday morning. I think the booking fees may have been higher there but I have used the site many times before my credit card details were stored and I knew the site was able to handle much larger volumes than hit it for a one off concert.

I know that there were a lot of disappointed people but at least they were out of their agony within an hour or so not like like manual queuing systems such as Bryan Adams when I queued for three hours and still didn't get any tickets.

The last time I saw Elton John, back in about 1979, the agony lasted about 90 minutes. I went on a special train to Watford and the whole performance left me totally dejected and the train journey back to Stoke seemed to take for ever.

I was in a minority of about 10% of the fans who didn't enjoy the show - the rest of the crowd, and Elton, were incredibly happy.

We had gone to watch Stoke City v Watford in a cup match and Watford beat Stoke - Elton John was bankrolling the club at the time and we had to endure film of him smiling at Stoke's poor defending!

No comments: