Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 30 September 2009

No Oktoberfest this year


If you don't like large glasses of beer, lots of food (particularly pork) and loud repetitive music then there is not much point in going to the Oktoberfest. Oh, and you have to stand on the tables to drink/eat/listen. I even came off the wagon after five months last year to enjoy a day there as a treat from my employers for the second year.

I was originally scheduled to go there tomorrow but that was long called off as times became harder. Today has felt like being part of a crew that sailed a ship through rough waters but even the captain was ill before reaching dry land.

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a better day. Instead of sobering up (as with the last couple of "last Thursdays in September") I am planning to spend an hour or two on the website tomorrow evening.

No comments: