Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 5 September 2009

Well deserved victory for the webmaster

But not this one!

Rob Parslow won the 2009 Scott Physiotherapy Sponsored Dave Philips Road Races last night. The Western AC webmaster accumulated the most points from the 6 races (best four to count) of the 4.75 mile handicapped series.

Thanks to all the marshals and officials from Western AC for organising the event and last night's buffet presentation.

I lost out in a big family battle. Last time I passed Robbie with about quarter of a mile to go with a 4 minute difference in handicap. This time my handicap was up to 4.20 so I knew it was going to be tough. I caught him at about the same point this time just as scratch man Ben Scott was passing me. Robbie speeded up and followed Ben through the field a little. Although I finally got past Robbie entering the old station car park I knew it was only going to end one way and he sprinted past me again! We think he had a PB of about 33.52 and I was about 28.34 which is not a big improvement over my previous one.

I've checked Rob's Western AC a few times today but the results are not there yet.

No comments: