Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 27 September 2009

Island at its best again


What an incredible three weeks or so of fine weather we have had. What strikes me, and I am sure that Adrian will soon tell me if the facts do not back my observation, is not the mild weather for the time of the year but the lack of wind on most days.

I was really pleased that I made the effort to reschedule things and get to the fell race yesterday. The scenery was breathtaking again and I think I captured some of the best bits, although I did make a couple of mistakes with the video camera. I also had to do quite a bit of running around to get as many people into my shots as I did because I would typically move to one position only for the next runner to appear on a completely different line, I would move to that one and then the next runner would revert to route 1.

I'm sorry that I missed Sarah Curphey, who won the women's race, from the photos but I must have left before she reached me. In an effort to tell the story of the race before the results were published I had assumed that Rose Hooton (pictured above) was the winner. Whilst I understand the idea of allowing some of the slower runners the chance to start early and not to become too isolated, I think that the opposite must have happened on Saturday as Sarah appears to have run on her own throughout the race even though she was only two and five minutes faster than the second and third runners who started early.
I was rather pleased with the snap of Simon Skillicorn, who won the race, which is featured on the front page. I hope that you also like it as it will stay there a bit longer!

I was already completely knackered when I went out yesterday afternoon and my tiredness made it difficult for me to deal with further computer problems when I was trying to edit the video especially I was listening to news that my football team were loosing (after a 24 match unbeaten run it is hard to cope with that!).
I tinkered with the fell race coverage throughout the evening and I was very late getting to bed after having to collect Robbie from a big night out. I wanted to get out to enjoy this weather this afternoon and we ended up walking over parts of the new years day fell running course. Not that I have any plans to run in any fell races - as I observed this afternoon, I can't run up long hills very well these days and I was always rubbish at running down!

But the point is I am too tired to set about any major rehash of the site tonight. I only have a finite amount of energy and work and training tomorrow morning are going to consume the next batch.

Don't forget to click down through the links to other club websites for the news as well as sharing your skeet on the forum.

No comments: