Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 5 September 2009

The Beatles

I've been watching some of the programmes about the Beatles on BBC2 tonight (as well as listening to some of the bank holiday programmes on Radio 2 last Monday).

I boought by first Beatles record when I was only 7 - I was influenced by having two older brothers who would have been 11 and 15 at the time. I've been trying to compare the impact that they had on society at the time compared to what is changing things at the current time and the best that I can come up with is Facebook.

Before the Beatles there was "pop" music but the Beatles opened it up to a wider audience just as much as Facebook has widened the internet usage is a very short space of time.

The reason I write about my distraction by the Beatles was that I was on the point of making a major investment in the website by subscribing for a new three year package for a new forum (I've been fed up with the life and death matter that the forum has become for some people). I thought that I had researched the options fairly well and had chosen a new host and I was going to start setting it up tonight after the Beatles programmes had finished. But I became suspicious of the site when I received a phone call saying that they would need a copy of my ID by email and that I would have to phone my bank to verify the payment.

http://www.siteground.com/ won't be the new host for the forum.

No comments: