Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 10 June 2009

I must be getting old when...

I've heard people think they must be getting old when they think the music is too loud.

Or when they prefer Match of the Day instead of watching sport.

Or when they can't remember any rainy sunny days in Summer, only the sunny ones.

Well I think I must be getting old when I say that tonight's firework display was the least inspiring of any that I have ever seen during TT week.

If it was in your back garden it would be fantastic. But as a feature for what is still advertised as the biggest motor cycling event in the world?

At 10 minutes it was only half the time it used to be and failed to impress the crowd with the "oochs and agghs" old the old days. But maybe it was just me getting old.

I've spent loads of time in the past week turning people away who want to stay in our holiday property for the 2010 TT. I always try and give a positive reply. But I won't be mentioning the fireworks.

2 comments:

Dave Mackey said...

Murray, will you pleeeese stand at the next election, this Island needs you !
You will be pleased to know you are not turning into an old git - quite a few of my guests commented about the fireworks in negative terms.
Mind you, the Government cut backs should not surprise us - no entertainment on the Promenade, no fun fair( not to mention no Parish Walk Sky coverage ) and a bail out from Mr Hemmings this week to the tune of £30k to keep the hyperbaric chamber afloat. Yet it was ok to spend £250k on the electric TT or whatever it's called.
I think it's me turning into an old git !!

Murray Lambden said...

Sorry Dave, only just seen this comment.

I'm far too sensitive to be a politician!