Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Failing miserably




My newspaper clippings from Manx papers goes back about 35 years.




They are in a mixture of scrapbooks, photocopies in lever arch files, plastic sleeves and all sorts. Although the archives have given me a valuable source of data and information for this website there has never been an easy way of keeping things up to date.




A couple of years ago I decided that I would convert them all into digital format and I have kept the current reports up to date by spending an hour or two at the scanner every month or two.




But the backlog is killing me. Tonighht. I tried to do a 9 month block from April to the end of 2006 and I have only got as far as the Parish Walk (the weekend beforehand). It will all be worth it in the end....I keep telling myself. At the moment I am failing miserably.

Anyway, before I start a little more work on the website I will attach a cutting from exactly three years ago with the report of the 10,000 metres. See you there tomorrow.
PS I am planning a major feature in the "near future" about the importance of retaining records for future generations. Alan Franklin has been archiving records at the Manx Museum but we can all help him. This is something I have been trying to find a gap in the agenda for for several months and I have a 13 gap between local events after tomorrow.


No comments: