Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Full of emotion

Those of you who have watched the video of the Great South Run I made tonight will see that I have combined it with a further tribute to John Crellin.

One of the soundtrack songs I used was "Its Over" by Roy Orbison which was on the radio just after my mother died.

There have been some fine tributes to John on various sites. And some great memories. Some of the stories I had heard and some I hadn't. I remember the one Richie Stevenson describes of him leaping a fence in the Carraghan race but I hadn't heard the one from Chris Quine about having a "John Crellin" night when they all dressed as he did.

I'm sure that there are others who would like to add to the tributes but can't find the words and some who prefer to keep their thoughts private.

John's mother, Celia, lives just four doors away from us and I have just been to deliver a sympathy card. We certainly couldn't find the words for that.

No comments: