Search Murray's blogs

Friday 19 June 2009

50 hour marathon

My marathon website coverage started at 6 am this morning.

I planned to clear the decks on the http://www.manxathetics.com/ site so that I can focus on the http://www.parishwalk.com/ site.

But the first hour and a half have gone without even reaching the PW site - or having any breakfast!

Its not really very clever to have three events in the week leading up to the Parish Walk and I've tried to cover all of these. So first up I had to move the recent features from the front page.

But we also have one of the major events of the year starting next week - the Island Games. Andy Fox sent me an excellent team photo and publicity for the sponsorship from SMP Partners so this has taken pride of place. It was interesting to get the timetable of Manx interest too and so I have published this below the main feature.

The Parish Walk can't be too far down the page as this event attracts more people to the website than any other event in the year.

Yet in the long term interests of the sport, the news that recruitment of an athletics development officer has started is really the big story. Thanks to Alan Franklin for sending the link.

For some of the fell runners, the big event of the year is the Three Peaks Yacht Race and I have added a feature on this. This alone is big enough for a main feature.

But I've tried to ensure that nobody forgets the Ramsey Park Runs or the coaches evening tonight.

I often say, however, that one of my main objectives with the publicity I put on the site is to get people thinking about the events over the next couple of months. That is why I'll sometimes duplicate a list of the events in the medium return with the full fixture list.

Now for the short term however. I must get something to eat. I'm picking my brother Mike up from the airport in just over an hour. He is going to help with the photos for the Parish Walk. I've got boxes of equipment everywhere at the moment and a headache already!

No comments: