Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 28 June 2009

A funny thing happened yesterday

Despite saying (when I took a break from updating the site on a regular basis just over five years ago) that I was never going back to daily updates, I can't remember the last day that I didn't update it.

But yesterday the front page did not change. I intended to include a few photos from the World Tin Bath Championships (featuring people also involved with athletics) which I managed to see the later stages of for the first time for at least 15 years but when I took my camera out of the car I realised that once again I had left my memory card at home. At least I was able to chill out, or rather frizzle out, in the lovely summer weather.

In any event I really need to tackle a small percentage of the other things that have suffered during the past few weeks.

I did take my camera down to Port Erin this afternoon and have some photos of ice cream eaters and swimmers that I'll add to my secret reserve.

I'm going to be away for the next couple of nights which added an extra obstacle to trying to cover the Island Games. Paul Jackson is also away for much of the week but did kindly offer to help by putting a menu on the manxharriers.com site.

I'll see if I can do one or two feature photos but I'm afraid I can't commit to detailed coverage. I also have a family funeral this week.

Over the Parish Walk weekend I also made a decision to give up all hope of defending my Salclear Isle of Man Marathon Championship or running in any autumn marathon.

I closed off my Parish Walk website coverage at 9 pm on Friday. I have to admit to withdrawal symptoms. On three occasions I awoke in the night thinking about walkers I had not yet mentioned on the website before remembering that I had finished! That was how much the site took over my life in recent weeks.

If I get any spare time this week I am going to spend as much as possible of it with my hand on the mouse - hopefully reading about the success of the Manx team in Aland as a fan of athletics rather than as a webeditor.

COME ON THE ISLE OF MAN

No comments: