Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 2 April 2009

Not enough time

A return to an old theme. I can't believe that it is almost a week since the Spring Handicap where I took the pictures in the dark.

They took the limelight for a fairly short time as I had so much planned for the website over the weekend. Even though I had taken last Friday off work as a holiday to achieve some of my aims, I had committed my hours several times over.

I went to a tourism seminar on Friday morning and had arranged to meet Dave Mackey to ask him a few questions and get a few pictures for the latest http://www.parishwalk.com/ feature.

I think that it was before I went that I had added two previews that I had been trying to get around to all week with Keith Gerrard departing for the World Cross Country Championships and three manx runners off to the Marathon des Sables. The photos of Ann Cain arrived in the post from Phil and at the time I wasn't sure when I was going to get these slotted into the schedule.

I had planned a long run in the afternoon but it was extremely windy and I messed it up and this put me in a bad mood made worse by a few other things going wrong.

So it was a late night on Friday to get the feature on Dave completed and Saturday morning started with me setting up the Ann Cain feature, although I did not publish it until later in the day.

I seemed to be continually changing the front page with the final winter walking league looming and Keith's big race starting in the afternoon.

It was great to watch the World Championships although understandably Keith did not feature as much as in the UK races. Realistically however, given the difference in their 10km times from world rankings, I thought the Brits did everything that could be expected of them.

I'm not sure how helpful anyone found the highlights video of the race that I published but it has always been a challenge to do such things.

Talking of challenges, Sunday was a real time management exercise. I did my aborted long run on Sunday morning between 7 am and 9.10 and had to dash home to change before getting back to the NSC for the 10 am start of the walk. Half of an hour of filming was all the time I had because we had friends coming around and I was cooking - plus I wanted to see some of the F1 race before I heard the result.

So although I got a video and photos online in the afternoon, they were a bit later than normal.

I've been juggling the front page all week since then. Although the main features this week have maintained a walking theme, there have been regular updates to the Marathon des Sables page too, in case you have not noticed.

I think that we are few years away from webcams at the NSC yesterday but there were too many people I knew at the NSC when I went down to film my spoof on Tuesday night. That is where I must head now.

Lots more in the week leading up to Easter although not quite at the pace of the past week.

No comments: