Search Murray's blogs

Monday 27 April 2009

Lack of photos

We've had a somewhat larger breakfast today than yesterday and will be leaving for Gatwick shortly.

Although I brought a couple of cameras with me this weekend, I am afraid that I don't have as many photos as usual. In fact, we've bumped into fewer athletes than normal to share post race experiences.

I was pretty happy with my run - i got the pace spot on. Although I would have liked to have run faster it is evident that I couldn't. The walk back to the hotel was the most painful I can ever recall though and I was quite emotional afterwards. I had to switch my phone off as I couldn't talk to anyone.

Mike was really disappointed - he was sick in the later stages and wonders if he took too many drinks in the heat. He was passed by Christian Varley who judged the pace exceptionally well.

I haven't heard what when wrong for Richard Radcliffe who had prepared well and I expected to go under 3 hours. Paul was happy that he was not slower than 3.20 and has committed to at least two more years as he wants to go under 3.15 next year to qualify for the year after that. He said that Paul Cubbon passed him looking very relaxed.

Nigel will surely improve the most next year. He tried to meet up with Emma who had started at a different place but missed her and waited until nearly all the field had gone through. She ran 3.32 but he couldn't get passed the road full of runners and ended up with 4.26!

I wish I had a few more tales of other runners but that is about all I know at the moment. Maybe I shall be able to get hold of pictures from some of the Manx supporters in the next few days.

No comments: