Search Murray's blogs

Friday 24 April 2009

London Pride


I arrived in London with Robbie at around 10.45 and we managed to check into our rooms early by around midday. Paul, Mike, Nigel and Emma arrived ex-Gatwick about an hour later.

Paul and I had originally been on the same booking but when I changed my plans I just accepted the loss of the cost of the outward flight but didn't expect to incur an extra £25 charge from FlyBe for NOT flying. So when I was told that the others guys had paid this for me I mumbled a swear word or two and got my hand in my pocket to reimburse them. I shouted a swear word or two when I realised that it was a wind up! Nice one guys.

One of the lesser sponsors of the London Marathon is Fuller's London Pride. As well as enjoying a small sample this afternoon (which Nigel kindly photographed me enjoying above) every competitor receives a can. Nigel and Emma passed theirs on to me so I am enjoying one of them now as I write this.

We were within 50 metres of the exit of from Excel this afternoon when I said to Paul: "This is the first time ever that we have not bumped into someone we know from the Isle of Man". No more than 2 seconds later Geoff Sugden said "Hi Murray, the girls are just outside" - hence the picture on the homepage.

No comments: