Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 21 April 2009

No fog on the Tyne today

I've made reference in the past week to continuing to update the website from the UK prior to the London Marathon.

I've brought Robbie with me to Newcastle where he is attending a special centre for a couple of nights and he is going to travel down with me to London on the train on Friday. After an early start today we flew to Manchester and onwards by train. I'm staying in a two bedroomed apartment overlooking the Tyne which only cost me about the same as an average hotel in Newcastle.

The photo was taken from the balcony this afternoon. The only problem is that, whilst I thought the next couple of days would provide a great opportunity to catch up with email and update the website, I'm keen to make the most of the opportunity to explore a part of the country that I have seen little of in the past - other than running over the Tyne Bridge in the photo.

For those that don't know, Fog on the Tyne was a song by Lindisfarne, one of the regions most successful ever bands.

PS Having just read the bit above, I should point out that the Tyne Bridge is the one in the distance. The one in the foreground in the Millennium Bridge.

No comments: