Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 23 May 2013

Three out of four

We timed our short walk to the House of Keys election to perfection this evening arriving just a few minutes before the result was announced. Just time for a bit of banter with photographer Mike Wade and we were in. Here is the video:



I spoke to three of the candidates afterwards and I felt bad as I obviously only voted for one - in fact for all they knew I might have voted for the fourth person.

Clive Dawson was at school with me and possibly had the longest journey in the Island when his father took on the Jurby Hotel and he travelled to school in Douglas before switching to Ramsey Grammar School.



The successful candidate, Chris Thomas, ran in the Easter Festival (above) and has plans to complete a triathlon. His wife, Tania, is a more frequent competitor in the fell and trail races as well as the Easter Festival.

Quintin Gill has walked as far as Rushen in the Parish Walk on three occasions. I felt sorry for him on his walk home tonight.

No comments: