Search Murray's blogs

Friday 3 May 2013

Off road



I'm still continuing what just about passes as road running in the mornings but tonight I went slightly off road.

For me, this weekend is the  first of six weekends cleaning the cottage. As things stand, we are empty the week before the Parish Walk so I can prepare for the arrivals that day in advance. We've been empty for the past couple of weeks too which I one of the reasons I made such efforts in the past week to get the parishwalk.com site up to date as it will get harder to find the time now. We only have two weeks free between now and the middle of September.

I had a headache when I left work but with some extra jobs at the cottage this weekend I had to make a start tonight. So I spent most of the time in the garden and I'd like to think we have some of the cleanest pavements on the Isle of Man.

Most people like the Isle of Man when they get here and whilst travelling to Port Soderick I heard the preview of the Manx Hockey Festival - still a lot of people travel here for that. Not quite the funniest moment in an old episode of Mrs Brown when we were watching off Sky+ later when the Isle of Man was mentioned as an extremely modest place to get a holiday away from grandad.

Visitors to the Isle of Man certainly had plenty of chances to get off the road and on to the track. Amazingly, there were seven return trains from Douglas to Port Erin. And the visitors will be back on track on Sunday for the first Northern League match on the Isle of Man for eight years.

No comments: