Search Murray's blogs

Friday 10 May 2013

Always worth the effort in the end

I had my grumpy head on last night. I wanted to tackle some of the mound of paperwork that had accumulated at home whilst I have spent too much of the last few weeks working out how many times Joe Bloggs had finished the Parish Walk. Or whether it was the same Joe Bloggs who entered in 1823.

You know the type of letter from the bank. They are improving their service to their customers - by no longer paying interest. I even had a letter from one section of a government department telling me that I should register a business name and when I tried to with another section of the same department they told me that I couldn't because I didn't own the domain name. In this island of high IT skills it wasn't possible to check a domain ownership.

Anyway, 11 pm came and I was glad when I popped out to the letterbox with all pressing matters complete. Its always worth it in the end.

Just like last year when I spent an afternoon at the museum researching the missing results from the Northern 10 miles. I compiled most of the database about 10 years ago and had some of the early results in my scrapbooks but most of the 90s were missing. Northern AC did not have any record of the results.

Its 30 years since the first Northern 10 and I will be publishing some of my statistics at lunchtime.

The grumpy head will probably be back tonight as I will go straight from work to the cottage. Our guests this week were not suited to country life and have left early so I have an opportunity to prepare early again and have more time to do some other things this weekend.

Now was Joe Bloggs who got to Andreas in 1948 the same one who got to Bride last year?

No comments: