Search Murray's blogs

Friday 31 May 2013

Fastest Northern AC athlete and one of the people who helped him


We have friends arriving for the TT on Sunday evening and they've watched all of the TT TV programmes and I had not watched any. So I started with the Conor Cummins special. Boy has he shown determination to get back where he is.

I read that he had been circuit training with Northern AC and I have some photos of him (as above) in their club colours in the 2006 Millennium Way Relay.

I've only spoken with him once and that was at my uncle's funeral.



Kenyon Crowe was one of those people who liked to help without making a big fuss but I know that Conor appreciated every penny of support. On one occasion when he called into see Kenyon he stayed the whole morning chatting.


Quite how many sports people Kenyon supported over the years we'll never know but I was one, although I wasn't supposed to tell anyone. The photo above is from the Millennium Baton Relay when Kenyon ran a short leg through his birth place of Kirk Michael, and handed the message from the Queen to meet to take as fas as Bishopscourt.


No comments: