Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 14 May 2013

I've been in the other room

You know what its like when there's a party in the house. The badly behaved kids have got together and you just want to escape and have a bit of peace.

Well I've escaped from that tonight. The invites went out five and half months ago to join the party that is the Parish Walk. Most people are really settling into the party but then the excessive noise started. It only takes a few minutes to say "yes please" to the party (or enter the walk) whilst the organisers spend hours of their time, without being paid, to prepare it all for the kids. But the kids come knocking on the door anyway and a handful make more noise than all the polite guests put together.

So I moved into a quieter  room in the house tonight and got away from the kids and closed down Outlook for a few hours to ensure they could not be heard.  I headed out to the Carraghan Fell Race and four and a half hours later I have just finished the video. The only problem was that by the end of the evening, just when I realised that I had not been fed for nine hours, my computer was fed up with being fed with every bit of data I could throw  at it and said it too needed some space. My hard drive was completely full and the applications were running slower than I did into the wind on the track last week.

I had to resort to a bit of bad practice and moved all of my 2012 videos from my computer to an external drive that is supposed to be used only for backups.

You may have different ideas about peace and quiet when you hear the soundtrack on the video (currently half an hour away).

So make the most of the peace. I'll probably be back in the other room tomorrow night. Or I could listen to some nice local politicians or I could watch some expensive footballers.


There was certainly no hanging around after the fell race this evening. By the time the cameraman got back to the start/finish there was hardly anyway around. I believe that some of them might be close to where I write - at the Woodbourne Hotel. The  Outlook for me isn't so bright.

No comments: