Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Spring in the air

There was certainly no spring in me when Mike Garrett asked me if I was going to do a warm down after the 10km race on Saturday. I could barely move as I complained: "You've had five more minutes to recover than me" such was the difference in our performances.

But its been great during the past couple of weeks for people like me who run in the mornings to enjoy the light and dry conditions. There were still some patches of ice around this morning though.

The spring is not the best of times for me with one of my commitments though. I spent Sunday afternoon Spring cleaning our holiday apartment and last night I started the same exercise at the cottage. Its the time of the year when everything comes out of the cupboards and gets reorganised and the imaginary marks I have been giving myself throughout the previous year get docked when I find something that should have been done long ago.

Maybe we are different to some, because we don't rely totally on the government website bringing business to us, but our bookings for the summer are good. There has been an outcry about the latest online booking system and, although it could be better and is to geared towards the hotel sector, it is a step in the right direction.

I'll be stepping up and down the stairs again tonight as I progress my work at the cottage. I guess I'll get around to cleaning the living room at about 7.45 to take in the football as I did last night when I did the ironing from there.

All being well, I'll publish some stats on the Leinster Management 20 Miles (which is to be held this Sunday) at the end of this long spring day and I also plan to have one to two words about the aforementioned Mr Garrett.

No comments: