Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 9 March 2013

Erratic speed


I've just done a speedtest on my internet connection and it is back to 0.50 Mbps - that is little more than 1 of the advertised "up to 40 Mbps" advertised.

It was the same on Thursday evening when everything seemed to be slow. My own speed was so slow I thought I was going to pass out with tiredness and I had to abandon the work I had planned at the cottage. My football team looked as if they were only playing to 1% of their capacity and then, when I tried to relax, the internet connection made watching the iPlayer impossible.

This morning, at 6.30, the internet connection was 50 times faster. My training pace too was just about acceptable although well inside the "up to" speed that I used to perform to. And then I took Robbie to the Mooragh Park in Ramsey.

He has planning his own comeback then on 12 April after a break of 20 months but I couldn't see how he could run almost 4 miles when he had not run more than a mile at the NSC in recent times. In 2011 his speed was incredibly erratic taking between 26 minutes and 55 minutes. To run 33 minutes straight off today was probably less erratic than any of the other measures I have been testing.

No comments: