Search Murray's blogs

Friday 22 March 2013

Manx communication problem

I thought I was being responsible today. With bad weather forecast for the day I would leave the car at home and take the bus to work. There was always the option of getting the train home. 

Then the buses were suspended. I was persuaded to go home but rather than wait for the announcement at 15:00 about the buses, I would get the train. There was nothing on the public transport website to say that they had been suspended. But I was de-railed by the lack of action at the railway station. 


At 15.30 the website, which offered the chance to "follow us on Twitter" (and read the tweet from 1 March) also also said that the latest news concerned Pulrose Bridge being closed, still had a scrolling banner as follows:


Thanks to Eammon for driving me home - we met two buses on the road, But even now, the website has the system message.

Heritage transport; heritage communication.

No comments: