Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 11 November 2012

Not such a bad analogy after all


Looking back on the scene I find it hilarious. 13 days ago, I was on the phone to Manx Metals to arrange for  our 14 year old Clio to be collected from where it had seized a couple of days earlier and expecting it to be crushed once they had removed whatever was worthwhile to them.

At the same time Peter Kaneen, from Union Mills Garage, was trying to contact me on my mobile phone to arrange to collect it and try and save its life again. He succeeded (thanks Peter) and it has been back on the road for the past week.

And so the analogy with my running career continues. I won't be taking the car on a motorway any more than I will be asking my legs to run a marathon. But I did manage to run for 32 minutes a week ago and there will be a few more than that today when I take part in my first race for three and half months - the Microgaming Cross Country at Glen Lough.

The car is great for days like this as it doesn't matter if I cover it in mud. I'll take my camera though and try and get a few shocks of the earlier races.

For those not on the Isle of Man reading this, the weather is good for this time of year and a turnout of 200 or so athletes is expected.

No comments: