Search Murray's blogs

Monday 26 November 2012

Nil nil draw

I had the opportunity to produce my best coverage of the Haldane Fisher Syd Quirk Half Marathon yesterday as I have acquired an extra couple of second hand video cameras since I last featured it on the website two years ago (I ran in it last year).

But I was on the defensive from the start as the poor light at the start put paid to any decent photos of the walkers in the early stages. I rushed between Ronaldsway and my  office in Ballasalla on two occasions and by being careless with the video camera  I damaged it and lost the initial footage. So the only video I have used is from a second camera (I do have a little of the walkers but I'm not sure when I will get the chance to edit it).

So I guess , by the time I finished my main coverage, it was no better and no worse than previous versions. But then I had to make a big clearance off the line at home when I was much later getting back than planned. I had to spend the next few hours on the defensive before I got over the half way line with a nice walk in the afternoon.

Then I returned to watch a nil-nil draw! And missed an exciting Formula 1 race.

I wish I had left myself on the bench today. It was a horrible morning to go for a run and when I reached a big pool of water by the entrance to to the Water Authority, I thought about the wimps who skirted the little puddle near the start of the Parish Walk this year and went straight in. The quality of the play got worse after that and I definitely wish I had been substituted. Needless to say, Coldplay were on Radio 2 when I got in from my cold (and wet) play.

No comments: