Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 18 November 2012

Saddle Up

I joined St Ninians High School Head Teacher Andy Fox on his birthday bash in a few Douglas pubs last night and had a pint of Okells in the Saddle Inn. I think the last time I was in there was when I was still attending St Ninians as a pupil - about 38 years ago!

I made it to the start of the Isle of Man Bank Winter Hill League yesterday with just a few minutes to spare and was about to position a video camera on the hill I thought they were about to climb when I learnt that the course had been changed since last year. I thought the light would be good enough for photos in the Glen through which they ran at the start but my camera's limitations, or more likely my technical incompetence, meant that they were very blurred.

My best photo of the day was a casual one I took on the way back down the Glen of the little waterfall on the other side of the river. 

Earlier in the day I continued my current tour of mountain summits with Robbie and we went up Snaefell. The rain stayed away this week and it was pretty clear. That followed the longest run I had done for 11 weeks - 10km on the prom in a dreadfully slow time.

I am continuing to spend hours a day on websites, particularly the parishwalk.com and that will be my main focus today. 12 days until launch.  



No comments: