Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 7 November 2012

In good hands

Most athletes, perhaps throwers would be an exception, would say that their feet were their most important limbs. But at the Manx Harriers Annual General Meeting last night I realised just how important it is to have good hands in the sport.

Someone sitting behind me, who is eleven years older than me even, said that he had never seen the club in better management. I'd second that. And its not just that the way that the club is well structured its the fact that during the meeting the only references to the other clubs on the Isle of Man, or to the IOMAA, were positive ones, that gives me hope that track and field athletics will be much better structured in the years ahead.

We have so many young athletes on the Isle of Man, and a lot of old ones, but if we can keep people involved during the years when they should be at their peak then the best of Manx athletics is in the future and not the past.

No comments: