Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 22 November 2012

Listen to this

We had a three course dinner for £6.95 each at the Sefton last night. The price was like something from 30 years ago and so were the politics.

We went to listen to veteran politician Tony Benn at the Gaiety Theatre. It was £15 to get in but the Sefton were selling tickets for £21.95 including a lovely meal.

One of the things that has always interested me about the man is that, although most of his politics are pretty left wing, he listens to other people and in fact he respects many of the people with opposing views - even Margaret Thatcher. He describes politicians as signposts or weather vanes. In other words, they either lead or follow.

He admires anyone who leads the way. And at 87 he says he is still learning from his mistakes. Listen  and you will learn. Having said all of that, I haven't got much to offer today other than I've just checked the weather vane and I'm not looking forward to going outside.

When I realised recently that it was six years since I had produced a redraft of our cottage website I made up my mind that I should have a new one published by the time I do the Parish Walk one. That one is due in 8 days time so I am busy on both. I did a chunk last night when we got in so the manxathletics site today is largely a rehash of the stats for the Syd Quirk Half Marathon which I shall be covering in full on Sunday.

 

No comments: