Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 14 November 2012

10% extra


I really enjoyed taking part in the Microgaming Cross Country on Sunday. There were so much support around the six laps of the course that I had no excuse for dropping out when I went outside my comfort zone at half way - most of my  running has been restricted to 20 minutes and it took me more than 40 on Sunday.

The problem was  I have never been any good at running downhill, I wasn't fit enough to run fast uphill and the effort on the uphill left me too tired to run fast on the flat! But I still enjoyed the competition of all around me - more than the two falls!

I managed to clear a few more emails last night, particularly those that I had retained from Parish Walk queries. A few people contacted me in July when I had switched off from the Parish. So I got the mega data base republished quite early in the evening and moved onto the Manx Telecom Parish Walk website.

I have replicated last year's pre-race site as a test site to get me started and started editing the links etc. I've signed up one of the three bloggers, I'm trying to contact number two and have a third one in mind. The plan has been to feature a different walker ever one but the number of features has been 7, 7, 5 3 & 2 for each of the last five years.

I was 10% slower in the cross country than last year but hopefully I'll have at least 100% more features on the Parish Walk website this year. More work tonight as well as publicity for another event on the manxathletics.com site.

No comments: