Search Murray's blogs

Monday 11 July 2011

An eye on proceedings

Everywhere I go at the moment I seem to bump into the Minister for Community, Culture and Leisure. I expected to see David Cretney, the four times Parish Walk finisher, at Tynwald and a number of other events last week but I had also seen him at the top of Snaefell when I visited last weekend. This weekend we were on the same plane from Birmingham to the Isle of Man last night and on asking each other where we had been we had even been to the same concert.

By contrast I have seen little in recent times of Andy Fox, who lives just a short warm-up away from me, but was also on the plane.

"Have you been to the athletics Andy", Marie asked Andy. He hadn't but we were able to survey that too as we flew over Alexander Stadium whilst the action was live. The pilot didn't seem keen to circle around the area for the rest of the meeting. A two minute highlights video on the BBC website just now had to suffice.

I was a little too close to proceedings this morning. There was an incident near Athol Street at 7.15 am which the police are investigating as attempted murder. I ran past Athol Street just 10 minutes earlier.

No comments: