Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Braddan at the old rush hour

A couple of years ago, when I was visiting the amenity site, Ian Corlett asked me if he could have a copy of one of my father's photos from Braddan railway station in 1958 that I had featured on the Parish Walk website.

Every time I re-visit the amenity site I keep thinking that I must send it to him. We've made several visits recently and finally I checked his email address and got the job done tonight.

I do love the scenes. For those that don't know there used to be weekly religious services in the open air at Braddan in the summer and many of those that attended would get the train for the two mile journey. I don't think the station was used at any other time as there were very few people resident in the area and Union Mills was the first stop.

Here is one of the four photos from the collection.

 
PS Thanks to my brother Mike who scanned in all my dad's slides a few years ago.

No comments: