Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 5 December 2010

Most unfit fit person

I remember when I was training at my hardest (1980 to 1983) and I seem to permanently have a cold or some other virus.

One of my colleagues described me as "the most unfit fit person he had ever known".

In recent years I have been convinced that 75% of colds and minor illnesses are avoidable with a good diet, getting washed and changed quickly after training, getting plenty of sleep, maintaining consistent body warmth etc. Even when I was training hard through 2009 into 2010 I went almost a year with a cold - although it did come just before the London Marathon.

For the past few days I have been struggling again with the third minor illness in just 9 weeks! But all the things I mention above apply. It was just a bad week last week and I didn't take care of myself.

Having got through work last week I spent a lot of yesterday in bed and wasn't sure that I would make it to the walk this morning. Glad I made it though but for selfish reasons I was glad that the cross country was postponed.

No comments: