Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 19 December 2010

Getting back to normal

Against my better judgment I left work early on Friday when everyone started to panic about the roads and only succeeded in contributing to blocking the roads and prevents the gritters getting through. It took me an hour and half to get home to Douglas from Ballasalla but at least I got to within about 30 yards of our house before I parked up.

I really enjoyed walking in the snow between about 8 and 10 yesterday morning and you may have seen the photos I took. But I had to go out again in the afternoon and after another hour or more of walking I was beginning to struggle. We were entertaining last night (one of our friends managed to drive all the way from Southampton to catch the overnight ferry from Heysham whilst we were struggling to get a few miles!) but I couldn't believe it when I felt completely washed out again this morning, the fourth time in about two months that I have been ill. I've only managed to get to the shop in our street today.

I still have some work to do for my employers (what I was working on before I left on Friday) before I get too deep into the website or the 280 emails that have built up again but I have taken the first steps towards doing something by tidying up the front page.

No comments: