Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 25 December 2010

Can't type at 70

I was off work yesterday and spent much of the morning working on a Parish Walk feature (not yet finished) and then went into town to meet Marie, who was finishing at lunchtime.

We met Brian and Judy King in Spill the Beans. I couldn't believe that Brian is approaching 71. I always given  the former St Ninians deputy head teacher for encouraging me to go the English Schools Championships and I repeated these thanks.

I had forgotten that he had also attended a "Typing for Beginners" course at Isle of Man College. When I first Marie she was studying for the teaching qualification required for evening classes and taught shorthand, and other secretarial skills. I'm sure it wasn't fault but whereas I went on to do better things after Brian helped me he told Marie "I still can't type you know!".

No comments: