Search Murray's blogs

Monday 31 May 2010

Skipping the training (and the long stories)

What foul weather on Saturday morning? I only managed to a token training session and decided to save myself for Sunday.

This gave me a little bit of unscheduled time to finally use the photos of the Millennium Baton that Alan Franklin had sent to me a few weeks earlier before rushing down town to do some shopping.

I needed to be at the cottage by 10 am but I had an extra hour this week before our guests arrived as they were practicing on the Billown Circuit for the classic racing. I planned to do some spring cleaning under he stairs and in the shed and then I visited the skips at the amenity sites on the way home.

I had been thinking about Graham Young all day! I had been invited to a small celebration for his 65th birthday the following day and planned to do a feature on the site. When I got back from the cottage I asked Marie if she thought the present I had bought him was appropriate and she told me that there were four messages on the answerphone from the previous day that I had not seen, all for me, including one from Graham.

I phoned him unsure whether he knew about the birthday party and after discussing the party for the Parish Walk's 50th anniversary I wished him a happy birthday and said that I hoped I would see him soon.

After spending the evening watching the Eurovision Song Contest (I was dozing by the second song!) I compiled the slightly shorter tribute to Graham's career skipping (for now) all the detailed stories I had planned to write earlier in the day - when the wine bottle was still full.

No comments: