Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Lots of visitors

There were 346 visitors to the site yesterday which was about 50% higher than normal for a Tuesday. I can only assume that word got around about the Parish Walk feature and paid a visit.

If they did so after about 10 last night they would have had to ferret around a bit (or go back to the the parishwalk.com ) to find the article because I moved it off the front page.

Whenever I am aware of a high level of interest in one event I try to make some of the visitors aware of other branches of the sport through casual browsing and so anyone visiting for the Parish Walk would see the feature on the three fell races in July. I exchanged emails with Tom Cringle (who runners the Manx Fell Runners website) overnight and we now have a coordinated approach to these three events and I'm using all of his links to the very informative site. As an extra plug this morning, I swiped the map of the Narradale Race as I was checking it out myself.

I was a bit frustrated after spending a fair amount of time on the Parish Walk feature to find that another 12 names had been added after the extended deadline so please don't contact me if you are one of the 12 people who are not included in any of the three categories (previous finishers, previous competitors or first timers). I know but I haven't got the will to run all the reports and re-design the feature again. I will, however, continue to accept one off corrections - I have made three so far.

No comments: