Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 11 March 2010

Felt like 40 miles

I completed my coverage of the HSBC Manx Harriers open meeting last night by publishing a number of files containing details of just about every performance in fastest time, name and year order for each distance.

It was 30 years ago that I first competed in the event and the tedium of last night's exercise made it feel like I was doing the one and only 40 mile race that was held at the meeting.

At least I was rewarded with a piece of my mother-in-law's 86th birthday cake and a good laugh at the 1984 videos which I brought to the front page again at the end of the exercise.

I have taken another morning off work to clean the cottage yet again but first I have a session on the super surface at the NSC as I try and get my pace sorted out for the 20 miles a week on Saturday.

I've been paying the price for burning the candle at both end this week with extreme tiredness but there are still a number of people trying to get hold of me for one thing or another that will have to wait.

I'm glad to see that PW entries reached 400 last night and there has been 1 more overnight. Keep them coming.

No comments: