Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 2 March 2010

All the big names at Roundhay Park

Its more than 20 years since I went to Roundhay Park in Leeds, travelling with Dougie Corkill (pictured above).

I managed this as a link on the website a few minutes ago when I listed the fastest ever performers in the Manx Harriers 20km walk and used a picture of Mark Easton, the fastest not to have won, from Leeds in 1989.

I went to try the new (and brilliant) surface on the NSC roadway at 6 am this morning. Its a different skill to run multiple laps around there from the hillier courses I have been using of late and, particularly after all the travel at the weekend, I struggled and I am knackered now so I am quitting the website in a few minutes after a quick review of the Parish Walk entries.

No comments: