Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 31 January 2010

Murray and the newspapers

Where were the planners in Laxey? I hadn't realised quite how mixed up the styles were until I took this picture yesterday.

I'm half way through my website commitments for tonight. I have just been reviewing and commenting upon the latest Parish Walk entries and I'm about to feature the Salclear Isle of Man Marathon and Half Marathon on the manxathletics.com site.

I find it a lot easier to maintain the website when I'm not putting in the miles for the London Marathon. After deliberately keeping the mileage low in the late summer I have built up to some pretty heavy sessions. My body seems to tell me that I should be falling asleep rather than sitting in front a computer screen.

And of course the family think I should be doing things with them, which I always try to. I had a lovely walk with Marie around Laxey yesterday.

I also had a lovely run in the snow this morning around the Marine Drive just as it was getting light.

I wanted to be showered and changed before Andy Murray's big match. I don't follow tennis closely but the tension as he tried to save the third set (and the match) was sport at its best.

I popped out for the papers immediately thereafter and learnt that there had been a discussion about me in the shop a little earlier. A customer had asked: "Does anyone know how is Murray is getting on today" to which the reply was (quite seriously) - "Murray Lambden, which event is he doing today".


Unfortunately (Andy) Murray's match didn't turn into a (five set) marathon. I managed the marathon distance in 2.57.17 yesterday which was all the more reason I enjoyed my 11 mile saunter this morning.

More than I am going to enjoy getting back to clearing the front page and getting my chores done.

No comments: