Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Snow patrol


Yesterday I had took my last day of my 2009 annual holiday from work. Today I took the first day of my 2010 leave. Yesterday was planned, to deal with yet another handover at our holiday cottage; today was totally unplanned.

When I heard how frosty it was going to be this morning I decided to have a rest from training - I have done a lot in recent weeks and need to ease off before the Lancs Cross Country on Saturday. I also thought about getting the bus to Ballasalla. I was up at 6 am and there was a very light frost compared to the previous evening so I planned to make the most of my "rest day" by getting to work in good time. By the time I was ready at 7 am I was amazed to hear that the buses had all been suspended but when I looked out the window I realised why.

The previous evening I took the plunge and upgraded to Windows 7 and so I had plenty to keep my occupied as I waited for the roads to clear as I reinstalled most of the software I use. But by the time the Richmond Hill was clear in the early afternoon I decided it was not worth the risk of travelling. I would rather take a day of my holiday, especially I was getting so many of my own tasks done at home, than risk an accident. I'm a traditionalist and I don't see why my employer should be the one to lose out - after all I could have walked to work if I had really needed to.

Eventually I went for a walk just before dusk and took some photos.



No comments: