Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 10 May 2009

Internet connection 40 times faster than yesterday evening

I have been testing my internet speed every time I have come to my computer tonight. Its wonderful to have the 4mb average service back that I pay for now that I have stopped three thieves.

Last night (its happened a few times lately) the connection speed was so slow that it even timed out when I tried to run the test. The best speed during the evening, when I was trying to upload the photos and video from the Dave Philips races, was only 150kb. But it speeded up at around 11.30 and it was fine all of this morning. But at 12.30 it suddenly slowed.

The owners of the computers named George and Jonathan (there was a third called NP12BP266) had obviously woken up and decided to resume their heavy internet usage. It may be of course that the names of these computers were disguised to give the appearance that they were owned by people of those names living closeby in Brunswick Road.

But now that the encryption is back on our network, I will be delivering some application forms for broadband services tomorrow to some people of those names together with some information on the fines that have been imposed in the UK for stealing wireless bandwith.

In the meantime I am looking forward to using the service that I have been paying for for the last eight and half years.

Latest test speed is only 3.2mb but its still 30 times faster than last night's average.

No comments: